Welcome to my Author Page!
Here are ten things that make me, me:
- I don’t use my middle name: Ann. If my parents had spelled it A-n-n-e, I’d use it.
- I eat avocado everyday. Chocolate too. I feel cheated if I don’t.
- I’ve a smidgen of OCD. Before I leave home I check that the freezer door is shut.
- Several times a week I run twenty sets of stadium steps at Santa Barbara City College: 1,680 vertical steps.
- Being submerged in cold water is painful. No ocean swimming for me.
- I’m the kindred spirit of Anne (with an “e”) Shirley, heroine of the novel Anne of Green Gables.
- My fifth grade teacher – Miss Dutcher – encouraged me to become a writer. Forty-five years later, I took her up on it.
- In social settings I act the extrovert, but I’m not. I’ve hermit tendencies.
- I don’t have all the answers. I do have opinions. I ask lots of (intelligent) questions.
- Writing is torturous bliss, not unlike strenuous exercise. Both hurt so good.